During each rotation cycle, APHF receives a number of exceptional applicants. The volunteer cohort for Asian Pacific Health Foundation has become increasingly diverse while maintaining the professionalism, integrity, and scale required to personally serve our local community.
As a volunteer with Asian Pacific Health Foundation, you will have the opportunity to rotate between the variety of stations, described below, at different outreaches throughout your term. You will not only be able to learn how to operate the unique point-of-care equipment APHF offers, but also how to engage and interact with patients.
The commitment term for our organization is at least one year. While we do not expect your attendance at every event, we do expect you to show interest in attending the majority of them. There is a mandatory $25 membership fee upon acceptance that will cover any food and operation costs for our outreaches.
If you have any conflicts during your application or volunteer term, you should immediately report to a Program Coordinator and it will be logged for our records.
Thank you for your interest in joining our APHF team!
FAQs: If you have further questions regarding our organization or the application process, please contact the program coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the link to our frequently asked questions: FAQs
The following cycle will serves as a general outline starting from when a volunteer is onboarded with our team until their contract ends.
1. Application is submitted by the volunteer for review by Program Coordinators.
2. Program Coordinators will notify volunteers that application has been received and under review after the application deadline.
3. Program Coordinators will notify volunteers whether they are accepted and provide orientation details.
4. Volunteers must attend the orientation and submit all required forms in order to participate in outreaches.
5. Registration Email will be sent out for volunteers to sign up to outreaches.
6. Selection Email will notify which volunteers have been selected for the outreach. If you are unable to attend, you are responsible for finding a replacement. Please review the Policies and Guidelines for more details.
7. Volunteer will review the Station Manual for their assigned station and come prepared to the outreach.
Hepatitis B/C - Manage patient and consent forms, assist patients in filling out forms and translate if necessary, record patient information for venipuncture (blood test), centrifuge and store blood samples, direct patients to the next station (i.e., blood glucose, lipid stations), data entry, and any additional tasks requested by the phlebotomist.