This program is open to high school students only.
During each rotation cycle, APHF receives a number of exceptional applicants. The volunteer cohort for Asian Pacific Health Foundation has become increasingly diverse while maintaining the professionalism, integrity, and scale required to personally serve our local community.
As a volunteer with Asian Pacific Health Foundation, you will have the opportunity to rotate between the variety of stations described below, at different outreaches throughout your term. You will not only be able to develop communication skills by assisting patients with registering for health screenings and interpreting medical terminology, but also foster patient interaction skills. In addition, you will have the opportunity to network with healthcare professionals and undergraduate students at outreaches.
The commitment term for our organization is at least one year. While we do not expect your attendance at every event, we do expect you to show interest in attending the majority of them. There is a mandatory $15 membership fee upon acceptance that will cover any food and operation costs for our outreaches, educational seminars, and mentorship program.
If you have any conflicts during your application or volunteer term, you should immediately report to a Program Manager and it will be logged for our records.
Thank you for your interest in joining our APHF team!
FAQs: If you have further questions regarding our organization or the application process, please contact the Program Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the link to our frequently asked questions: FAQs
The following cycle serves as a general outline starting from when a volunteer is onboarded with our team until their contract ends.
1. Application is submitted by the volunteer for review by Program Coordinator/Manager.
2. Program Coordinator/Manager will notify volunteers that application has been received and under review after the application deadline.
3. Program Coordinator/Manager will notify volunteers whether they are accepted and provide orientation details.
4. Volunteers must attend the orientation and submit all required forms in order to participate in outreaches.
5. Registration Email will be sent out for volunteers to sign up to outreaches.
6. Selection Email will notify which volunteers have been selected for the outreach. If you are unable to attend, you are responsible for finding a replacement. Please review the Policies and Guidelines for more details.
7. Volunteers will review the Station Manual for their assigned station and come prepared to the outreach.
Registration - Formal consent must be obtained before a patient can proceed with any health screening. In this station, volunteers will be tasked with explaining the screening process to prospective patients, obtaining formal consent, and completing pre-screening surveys. Once all required forms are completed, volunteers will direct the patient to the first station for their screening. Furthermore, volunteers must be appropriately receptive to any questions prospective patients may have. Given that a significant proportion of our patients are not native English speakers, we prefer to have some volunteers fluent in two or more languages at this station.