This program is open to graduate students only.
During each rotation cycle, APHF receives a number of exceptional applicants. The volunteer cohort for Asian Pacific Health Foundation has become increasingly diverse while maintaining the professionalism, integrity, and scale required to personally serve our local community.
As a volunteer with Asian Pacific Health Foundation, you will interpret test results, perform data analysis, and provide education/consultation to patients under the supervision of a preceptor. In addition, you will be a part of the linkage-to-care committee, in which you will be thoroughly trained to follow-up with patients who received positive hepatitis test results or fulfill criteria for metabolic syndrome and guide patients through health systems for treatment. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to assist with research projects and fundraising for APHF community health screenings.
The commitment term for our organization is at least one year. While we do not expect your attendance at every event, we do expect you to show interest in attending the majority of them.
If you have any conflicts during your application or volunteer term, you should immediately report to a Program Manager and it will be logged for our records.
Thank you for your interest in joining our APHF team!
FAQs: If you have further questions regarding our organization or the application process, please contact the Program Managers at email@example.com. This is the link to our frequently asked questions: FAQs
The following cycle serves as a general outline starting from when a volunteer is onboarded with our team until their contract ends.
1. Application is submitted by the volunteer for review by Program Managers.
2. Program Managers will notify volunteers that application has been received and under review after the application deadline.
3. Program Managers will notify volunteers whether they are accepted and provide orientation details.
4. Volunteers must attend the orientation and submit all required forms in order to participate in outreaches.
5. Registration Email will be sent out for volunteers to sign up to outreaches.
6. Selection Email will notify which volunteers have been selected for the outreach. If you are unable to attend, you are responsible for finding a replacement. Please review the Policies and Guidelines for more details.
7. Volunteers will review the Station Manual for their assigned station and come prepared to the outreach.
Research, Grants, and Data Analysis - You will be managing data presentation on the website to provide an overview of our results, disease prevalence, and outreach efforts in San Diego. As a member of this team, you will be assisting with grant discovery and submissions. In addition, you will learn how to conduct statistical analysis for our research and have the potential to present these findings at local and national symposiums. As part of this team, you will also assist with the pre/post-assessment station to collect data on our educational services.