A Stunning Health Outreach on October 7, 2018
Asian Pacific Health Foundation was honored to participate at the first health outreach event at the new location of the Vietnamese Christian Alliance Church of North San Diego at 9888 Carroll Center Road in the Miramar area of San Diego. It was a great screening success with over 20 church members participating in APHF health screening.
The mission of APHF is to advance health and wellness for the vulnerable groups in San Diego and Imperial Counties by providing health education and free community health screenings for hepatitis B and C, diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol disorders and osteoporosis at community centers. At this event, in addition to offering all of these tests to the community, we were honored to have Dr. Tony Pham, O.D, joining us to provide vision screening to the community.
Early on October 7, 2018, APHF Outreach and Volunteers Coordinators came with their team of volunteers to set up the health event in the courtyard of the building. Dr. Danh Truong, MD, Chairman of the APHF Board of Directors, and Dr. Robert Gish, Medical Director, met pastors at the church, and were invited to present briefly on common diseases in the Asian populations: hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol, osteoporosis and hepatitis B and C, for which screening procedures and tests were carried out at the day’s event.
We thank Pastor Quang Nguyen, and former Pastor Sang Nguyen for the opportunity to provide screening services to members of the church. Mr. Bong Nguyen also graciously accepted to join our organization.
INTRODUCTION TO GLORY CHRISTIAN CHURCH NEXT DOOR
Thanks to Dr. Danh Truong, Dr. Gish and Binh Tran were introduced to Mr. Hong Wang, Deacon of Glory Christian Church next door. A health screening event will be organized in a couple of months. We are looking forward to providing another successful health event to the community members of Deacon of Glory Christian Church.
We would like to express our appreciation to all the staff and volunteers at the health outreach:
▪ Danh Truong, MD, Board Chair
▪ Robert Gish, MD, Medical Director
▪ Ton Tran, MD, Board Member
▪ Kayla Giang, PharmD, Executive Director
▪ Binh Tran, PharmD, Program Director
▪ Thuan Tran, RN, Clinical Practice Manager
▪ Trang Thi Khanh Tran, phlebotomist
▪ Nguyen Vo, PharmD Candidate, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and APHF Program Manager
▪ James Cordero, Megan Cheng, Vivian Ngo and Tam Ho: Outreach and Volunteer Coordinators
▪ Zaki Zadah, Project Coordinator
▪ Lauren Truong, Development Coordinator
▪ APHF Volunteer members
▪ Yvonne Truong, APHF honored guest
Please follow this link for the slideshow
of APHF health event, and please help to spread the word about our activities!